Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, Shawneeki Golf Club has implemented many new policies and practices to ensure the safety of our customers and staff. We encourage everyone to read through the following if you plan to visit our facility.
- If you are sick, have symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who has covid-19 please do not arrive on golf course property
- Signage is posted along the driveway, please follow signs towards the parking lot and up to the clubhouse
- Tee time check in is located at the far East end of the lot, follow signs and paths towards the East end of the club house and see Greeter.
- Please arrive at the golf course no more than 20 minutes prior to your scheduled tee off to avoid line-ups and gathering around the club house. If you arrive earlier please wait at your car.
- April 3, 2021, the Pro shop will be open at 9:00am each day until 5 pm
- Tee time booking is available 8 days in advance
- All tee times must be made in advance – no walk ons will be accepted
- Please call the Proshop to schedule your tee off time (905) 478-4211 or go on line at www.shawneeki.com
- Tee times will be averaging 12 minute intervals with appropriate spacing between groups
- We are only be booking for walking only online and by telephone. The power carts will be on a first come first serve basis starting Thursday April 15 weather permitting. The driving range will open April 15th operating 9:30 to 7:;pm to start.
- When Power carts are available for rental there is a strict mask wearing guideline when riders are from separate households. Put your mask on while in cart.
- We cannot guarantee that you will get a cart when you book a tee time, there is a limited supply.
- Pull carts are available for rental and again are first come first serve
- Starters and backshop staff will direct customers towards which power carts or pull carts to take, to ensure they have been properly sanitized
- Rental clubs are NOT available
- The club house is closed to customers..
- Pro Shop goods and services are available through the pro shop window (facing patio) i.e Golf balls, gloves, hats, polos and outerwear
- Snack bar takeout purchases are available through a club house window just left of the pro shop (facing patio). Hours will vary depending on play and weather.
- Clubhouse bathrooms are currently closed. There are on course bathrooms #7,#10,#15 and in parking lot available for use.
- Plexiglas shields have been installed to protect employees and customers during payment interactions
- Floor markings and signage will be used to maintain 2 meters of space between customers when a lineup is required and mask required when in a line up.
- Wearing a mask outside around the clubhouse is advisable when you can not maintain distancing. The Clubhouse is closed to public at this time so you will not need a mask for inside.
- Patio is not open for business just takeout for time being
- Menu and hours may be vary.
- Mask must be worn when riding power cart with someone outside your household as per Provincial guideline. A plexiglass cart divider is no longer mandated for 2021.
Golf Course Procedures
- Social distancing must be maintained on the golf course AT ALL TIMES between players and staff (6 ft at all times)
- The flag stick must remain in the hole AT ALL TIMES
- No on course items such as bunker rakes, ball washers or benches are available
- No groups of more than 5 people 6 feet apart
Golf Course Departure
- Customers are encouraged to remove their personal belongings and any garbage from power carts and pull carts prior to returning them
- Power carts and pull carts will be returned to the designated area where social distancing can be maintained between the driving range and first tee
- Golfers are advised to directly exit the property after their round for the time being while in emergency brake time period..
If golfers choose to stop playing or leave the course due to rain they will not be permitted back on the course. The greeter/backshop will ask one member from each group to collect rain checks for the entire group to prevent grouping.
The same will apply if the course is cleared due to lightning and golfers are pulled off. Golfers will be asked to bring their carts to the cart return area and one member will collect rain checks for the entire group.
The course will be closed off until the weather clears and tee times can resume. Carts will only be allowed again if the course is dry enough.